- MUST be able to obtain a NACLC (T2) Clearance.
- Minimum Experience:
- 10-15 years of related experience in scientific research, analysis and/or engineering.
- Minimum 3-10 years of training or experience working with patients with traumatic brain injury required. 3-10 years’ experience in research as demonstrated by publications, presentations required. 2-5 years management experience preferred. Prior experience within the DoD/VA systems of care and providing clinical services to individuals, couples or groups strongly preferred. A strong background working with neurological patients, especially those with traumatic brain injury required.
- Required Licenses:
- The Contractor employee must have and maintain a current license to practice in any one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam or the U.S. Virgin Islands, or any US territory that allows for the independent practice of clinical services. This license must be current and unrestricted (not subject to restriction pertaining to the scope, location, or type of practice ordinarily granted to other applicants for similar licenses in granting jurisdiction).
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to function independently with a high degree of professionalism and clinical judgment required. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with staff at all levels to foster collaborative research activities required. Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Ability to facilitate and present information to small and large groups as well as the flexibility to re-prioritize quickly required. Must have a high level of competence in clinical practice, administration, and education. Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary health care team is required. Knowledge and experience with military health system, combat/deployment issues, brain injury, and psychological health issues in the military are highly desired. The Clinical Research Director must adhere to legal, professional and ethical codes with respect to confidentiality and privacy.
- Physical Capabilities:
- Requires sitting for long periods as well as some walking, standing, bending and carry up to 25 pounds. The incumbent may encounter work with patients who are confused, agitated and/or combative.
- Supervisory Responsibilities/Controls:
- Work Environment:
- Office, clinical and hospital environment. Must be available to travel locally, regionally and nationally.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.