Fabricates and assembles sheet metal products.
1. Sets up and operates fabricating machines such as shears, brakes, bending rolls, and punch and drill presses to cut, bend, and straighten sheet metal.
2. Shapes metal over anvils, blocks, or forms using hammer.
3. Sets up and operates soldering and welding equipment to join sheet metal parts.
4. Smoothes seams, joints, or burred surfaces using files and portable grinder or buffer.
5. Installs assemblies according to blueprints, engineering sketches, written instructions or manuals.
6. Inspects assemblies and installations for conformance with specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, scales, and micrometer.
7. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
2. Technical or vocational training preferred.
3-5 years of related sheet-metal fabrication experience.
Must be able to obtain security clearance.
Navy Shipboard HM& experience preferred.
Must be able to travel.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS