- Must possess a valid, unrestricted license or certification to practice as a psychologist in any one of the 50 States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth or Puerto Rico, Guam or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Experience with Trauma Management Therapy similar to the therapy discussed in the following reference preferred:
- Beidel, D. C., Frueh, B. C., Uhde, T. W., Wong, N., & Mentrikoski, J. M. (2011). Multicomponent behavioral treatment for chronic combat-related posttraumatic stress disorder: A randomized controlled trial. Journal of Anxiety Disorders, 25(2), 224-31. doi:10.1016/j.janxdis.2010.09.006.
- Working knowledge of U.S. Federal government regulations regarding the conduct of human clinical research.
- Complete MTF provided human subject protection training developed by the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) within one month from start date.
- Knowledge of Federal regulations regarding the ethical conduct of research on humans.
- Knowledge of the data collection techniques to identify and analyze problems, apply solutions, identify trends, and prepare charts and graphs utilizing available software programs such as Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Navy and Naval Medical Center Portsmouth and Directorate of Mental Health policies and procedures is preferable, but not required
- Knowledge of the Directorate of Mental Health functions in order to comprehend the scope of care and interactions of this directorate is preferable, but not required.
- Skill in scientific writing and ability to use literature search databases in order to prepare research proposals, applications, presentation preparation, and manuscripts evidenced by publication in peer-reviewed journals, completed thesis/dissertation work (or equivalent), or endorsement of strong formal writing skill by previous employers or academic advisors.
- Skill in using advanced and varied functions of several software programs such as Microsoft Excel, graphics programs such as Microsoft Power Point, and statistical software such as SPSS in order to organize and analyze data and produce reports.
- Work requires concentration, periods of standing and walking on a regular basis. Must work well under pressure, often changing conditions and research workload.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.