Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software.
1. Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems.
2. Installs, configures, and upgrades computer hardware and software.
3. Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
4. Applies advanced diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
5. Provides troubleshooting and support.
6. Participates in the administration of e-mail systems.
7. Provides phone and help-desk support for local and off-site users.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Minimum Education Required:
BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences, or related IT discipline.
Minimum Experience Required:
At least three (3) years of directly related experience supporting help desk Tier 1, Tier 2 and/or Tier 3 operations, preferably supporting a large-scale government customer.
Experience providing technical support for microcomputer hardware, networks, account administration, and office automation software via telephone, as appropriate.
Demonstrated knowledge of deploying computer hardware and software.
Demonstrated working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
Demonstrated progressive experience in the management of a technical support team. Demonstrated experience developing and providing Service Level Agreements and Help Desk deliverables.
Demonstrated knowledge of help desk ticketing systems desired. Knowledge of managed services software desired.
Certification in either Comptia A+ or Network+.
Demonstrated knowledge of Windows 7, XP, Active Directory, Network Basics, VPN Basics, and Blackberry/Smartphone Basics.
Technical Level II certification or equivalent in accordance with DoDD 8140.01 "Cyberspace Workforce Management" (or achieve within six months after TOA).
Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST).
Secret clearance required at time of hire. A Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the past five years is required. Individual must be eligible under the SAP Nomination Process for access to SAP/SAR.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS