Operations Manager on an large scale IT project supporting a major DoD Acquisition Program. A successful candidate will possess:
At least ten (10) years of practical analysis experience in network design, administration, operations, procedures, and troubleshooting.
Demonstrated experience in project principles to investigate, analyze, plan, design, develop, implement, test, or evaluate operational systems problems.
Demonstrated experience in reviewing and preparing project and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation.
Demonstrated experience performing functions such as system integration, configuration management, quality assurance testing, or acquisition and resource management.
Demonstrated experience analyzing designs, developing, implementing, testing, or evaluating automated data processing software related to engineering or functional requirements of operational systems, associated support systems, or management information systems.
Demonstrated experience ensuring project procedures and controls are followed, managing manning and staffing project efforts, and leading problem resolution efforts, including interfacing with system or JPO contractors, vendors, and Government representatives regarding the technical aspects of the JPOs/projects.
Minimum of four (4) years of experience in large scale infrastructure deployments.
Knowledge of configuration management processes and procedures.
Demonstrated experience with automated systems and network design procedures and processes.
Knowledge of DoD system, security, storage, network or data security requirements.
Level II certification in Operate and Maintain Category in accordance with DoDD 8140.01 "Cyberspace Workforce Management" (or achieve within six months after TOA).
Demonstrated managerial experience in providing technical advice, organizing, planning, directing, and managing contractor staff to ensure the goals and objectives of the project within prescribed time frames for projects similar in size and scope.
Demonstrated experience in problem resolution and customer satisfaction. Demonstrated in depth knowledge of data collection, data analysis, process mapping, and process modeling.
Minimum of five (3) years of experience with project management support, to include experience with writing business requirements.
Minimum of (2) years of experience managing complex development projects.
Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) Level III certification or equivalent such as the JPO Management Institute (PMI) JPO Management Professional (PMP).
Current technical certifications within technical area proposed (MCSE or MCITP).
Additional responsibilites may include:
1. Plans, manages, and controls the computer operations activities at a company or customer location.
2. Supervises and directs the work of assigned computer operations staff, which may include subordinate supervisors.
3. Oversees activities such as equipment scheduling, production control, data libraries, teleprocessing, and similar operations.
4. Establishes detailed schedules for the utilization of all equipment to obtain maximum utilization and effectiveness.
5. Assigns staff to insure optimum effectiveness and monitors performance.
6. Recommends and implements programs to minimize costs, ensure optimum output, and maintain quality.
7. Controls the integrity and security of all data files received, utilized, processed, and produced by computer operations personnel.
8. Interacts with client and vendor personnel to resolve problems.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Sciences, or related IT discipline.
ALLOWABLE SUBSTITUTION: The equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
8-10 years of related computer operations experience, including supervisory experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS