The role of the Inventory Analyst is to ensure the accountability of assets for the ITA's Enterprise Transport Management Program. The Inventory Analyst will be responsible for gathering and analyzing data for processing end-user IT asset requests, ticket queue management, procurement support, financial reporting and data entry, and customer interface.
Responsibilities: Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Process large quantities of entries into the IT Asset Management system
• Research and validate availability of assets for deployment
• ITA Asset Management, customer base and associated vendors to resolve discrepancies and get clarification on end-user asset requests and deployments
• Maintain inventory control and full life-cycle reporting for all IT assets within the Asset Management System from procurement to disposal
• Update database with changes such as, moves, replacements, additions, inventory, etc
• Track and maintain shipping report for assets received and delivered to the customers
• Conduct audit and inventory of IT assets (quarterly and annually) and submit reports to Asset Manager
• Generate meaningful performance metrics to show functional job performance
• Submit monthly reports to the Asset Manager
• Able to lift 40 pounds
• Other duties as assigned
Job Qualifications and Education:
• BS and 4 years of professional experience
• Working knowledge of BMC's Remedy or equivalent asset management system
• ITIL Foundations v.3 preferred but not a must
• Experience in full asset lifecycle reporting
• Skilled at manipulating data within an Excel database and a working knowledge of the Office 2007 suite
• Excellent communications (written and verbal) and problem-solving skills
• Ability to maintain workload in a fast paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
0-1 years of related material handling and expediting experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS