Primary: Observes and reports airspace incursion by manned aircraft when UAS are flying in or around joint use airfields.
1. Makes periodic checks on buildings, grounds,and equipment associated with UAS Flight Operations.
2. Monitors access to airspace and reports intrusion to Mission Commander. Monitors Air Traffic Control frequencies.
3. Participates in training activities.
4. Participates in special projects as required.
5. Maintains Inventory control of all items needed to perform Ground Observer duty. Reports shortfalls/deficiencies and orders replacement equipment through appropriate channels.
6. When not engaged in primary duties, performs authorized secondary duties per the Statement of Work and SOP for Visual Ground Observers.
7. Supports 24 hour flight operations and rotates shifts as necessary to provide support.
8. May support Downed Aircraft Recovery Teams.
9. Maintains currency in all mandatory training associated with all assigned duties.
Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
Must have and maintain a valid driver license. Must obtain and maintain an FAA Class II flight physical. Must obtain and maintain any Government driver license required to operate assigned vehicle. (Sedan, Truck, HMMWV, Golf Cart and/or ATV). Must obtain and maintain a secret level security clearance. (Customer option to waiver for Background Check). Must be able to work outdoors in all four seasons for extended periods; day or night
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS